THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW.
BUD LIGHT® MADE IN WHATEVER USA SWEEPSTAKES - OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The “Bud Light Made In Whatever USA Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes”) is open to residents of the United States who are 21 years of age or older. Employees and the immediate families of employees of Anheuser-Busch, LLC (“Sponsor”), its affiliates and subsidiaries, employees and the immediate families of their wholesale distributors, advertising and promotion agencies and all retail licensees are ineligible. By participating in this Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by the Official Rules (“Official Rules”) at www.budlight.com/madeinwhatever. Void where prohibited.
3. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Central Daylight Time (“CDT”) on August 11, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CDT on September 6, 2014 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period consists of four (4) separate entry periods (each an “Entry Period”) as defined in the chart below. Sponsor’s designated official judging organization’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
|Entry Period||Start Date/Time||End Date/Time||Drawing Date|
|1||08/11/14, 12:00:00 a.m. CDT||08/17/14, 11:59:59 p.m. CDT||08/18/14|
|2||08/18/14, 12:00:00 a.m. CDT||08/24/14, 11:59:59 p.m. CDT||08/25/14|
|3||08/25/14, 12:00:00 a.m. CDT||08/31/14, 11:59:59 p.m. CDT||09/01/14|
|4||09/01/14, 12:00:00 a.m. CDT||09/06/14, 11:59:59 p.m. CDT||09/08/14|
4. HOW TO ENTER: You must be a registered user of Twitter and follow @BudLight or @MayorOfWhatever on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/budlight or http://www.twitter.com/MayorOfWhatever in order to participate in the Sweepstakes. Twitter registration is free and can be obtained by logging on to www.twitter.com and following the online instructions to open an account.
For each Entry Period, look for Sponsor’s Twitter post inviting followers to enter for a chance to win the prize for that particular Entry Period. Respond to Sponsor’s tweet with your own tweet that includes hashtag #WhateverUSA, or retweet Sponsor’s tweet. For each tweet or retweet, you will receive one (1) entry into the random drawing corresponding to the Entry Period in which your Entry was received. Limit one (1) Entry per day. No other form of entry is valid.
If entering via a mobile phone or other web-enabled device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges.
See Rule #5 for Entry Guidelines. Each Entry must comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to review any Entry for violation of these Official Rules and may, at its sole discretion, reject, delete, or otherwise exclude an Entry for any reason, including without limitation, if the Entry contains any Prohibited Content (as defined in Rule #5) or any other commentary or material which Sponsor, in its sole discretion deems inappropriate.
5. ENTRY GUIDELINES & PROHIBITED CONTENT: Entries must meet the following requirements:
• Entry must contain the hashtag #WhateverUSA in order to be eligible.
• Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
• Sponsor shall have full right and power to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse and adapt any or all portions of the Entry in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the World in any manner whatsoever and for any purpose.
• Entry cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, reference nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote the excessive or irresponsible consumption of alcohol, or promote illegal use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) contain anyone under 21 years of age; (e) otherwise fail to comply with the Beer Institute Advertising and Marketing Code as made publicly available at the following online location: http://www.beerinstitute.org/assets/uploads/BI-AdCode-5-2011.pdf; (f) contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (other than Sponsor’s), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; (g) contain copyrighted materials owned by others without permission; (h) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; (i) refer to or depict any names, logos or readily recognizable features of a retailer of alcohol beverages (such as a grocery store, convenience store, restaurant, bar, or any other retail location that sells alcohol beverages); or (j) depict, and cannot itself be in, violation of any law.
• Each participant warrants and represents that the Entry: (a) is his/her original work, (b) has not been previously published; (c) has not received previous awards; and (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.
• Any entrant whose Entry includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such Entry, in a form satisfactory to Sponsor, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of entrant as a winner.
• Any Entry that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein or on the Website, or is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible.
• Incomplete, illegible, deceptive or garbled Entries are not eligible.
• Any such participant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor from any claims to the contrary.
All Entries are subject to Sponsor’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act policy, as follows: DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT—Anheuser-Busch is committed to respecting and protecting the legal rights of copyright owners. As such, Anheuser-Busch adheres to the following notice and take down policy, in full compliance with Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA (17 U.S.C. § 512 et seq.). If you believe any of the Entries infringes upon your intellectual property rights, please submit a notification alleging such infringement (hereafter a “DMCA Takedown Notice”). To be valid, a DMCA Takedown Notice must (i) be provided to Anheuser-Busch designated agent, (“Copyright Agent”), as set forth below, and (ii) include the following:
• A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
• Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
• Identification of the material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
• Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
• A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
• A statement that, under penalty of perjury, the information in the notification is accurate and you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Anheuser-Busch’s Copyright Agent to receive DMCA Takedown Notices is: email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For clarity, only DMCA Takedown Notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, online purchases or other communications should be directed to the applicable customer service links posted on the Website. You acknowledge that in order for Anheuser-Busch to be authorized to takedown any Content, your DMCA Takedown Notice must comply with all of the requirements of this Section.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that your Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction, that it will not place Sponsor under any obligation other than as stated in these Official Rules, that Sponsor is free to publish or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry, Sponsor does do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
6. WINNER DETERMINATION: For each Entry Period, winners will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about the corresponding Drawing Date listed in Rule #2 from among all eligible entries received for the corresponding Entry Period. Entries will not carry forward to subsequent Entry Period drawings. All drawings will be conducted by an independent judging agency, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entries received per Entry Period. Limit one (1) prize per person per Entry Period. Winner may not substitute or transfer prize, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with a prize of equal or greater value. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law and is subject to federal, state and local regulations. Taxes on prizes, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winners.
7. PRIZE DETAILS: Entry Period 1 Prize (3,000): One (1) Bud Light Koozie. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $4.00. Entry Period 2 Prize (200): One (1) Bud Light DJ blanket. ARV: $61.00. Entry Period 3 Prize (200): One (1) Bud Light Beer Rover. ARV: $60.00. Entry Period 4 Prize (200): One (1) Bud Light Oversized Beach Towel. ARV: $210.00. For all prizes: If winner cannot accept prize as specified, prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Total ARV of all prizes is $78,200.00. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION: All prizes will be awarded. Winners will be notified by Sponsor (@BudLight or @MayorOfWhatever) via Twitter direct message and will receive a prize-winning message with instructions on how to claim prize. If no response is received within the timeframe as stated on the notification, an alternate winner will be selected. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued Internet or wireless service which may result in a potential winner not receiving initial prize notification. All prize claims are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Winners may be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release within seven (7) days of prize acceptance. In the event of noncompliance within any stated time period, prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Any alternate winner selected will also be required to adhere to the time periods described herein. Any prize notification or prize returned to the Sponsor or its agencies as undeliverable will result in disqualification and the awarding of that prize to an alternate winner. Prizes will be mailed within 2-3 weeks of winner verification.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and agencies are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, incomplete, misdirected, unintelligible, returned or undelivered Entries, telephone calls, emails, Points or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider, Website, or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Sweepstakes or Website, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person, or violate Website’s terms of service, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Neither the Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized Website access. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like methods of Entry will void all such Entries, and may subject that
participant to disqualification. Neither the Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for injury or damage to participant's or any other person’s computer, wireless device and/or property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Sweepstakes, or submission of Entries, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes, and randomly select the winners from valid Entries received prior to action taken, or otherwise as may be deemed fair and equitable by the Sponsor. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account from which the Entry is submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person whose name is affiliated with the Twitter account at the time of entry. All materials submitted become the property of Anheuser-Busch, LLC and will not be returned.
10. Participants agree (a) that Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, wholesale distributors, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and are released and shall be held harmless by participants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, to persons, including death, or property, or rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, copyright infringement or portrayal in a false light resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes-related activity, and (b) winners, by acceptance of prize, except where legally prohibited, grant permission for Sponsor (and agree to confirm such agreement in writing) and those acting pursuant to its authority to use his/her name, submitted biography, voice and/or likeness and prize information, and/or Entry (and assign the Entry, which may be altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone or with other works, as solely determined by Sponsor) for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, at any times or time, in all media now known or hereafter discovered world wide and on the Internet and/or World Wide Web without notice or review or approval.
11. WINNER’S LIST: For the names of the winners, hand-print your name and complete address on a 3” x 5” card and mail to: Bud Light Made In Whatever USA Sweepstakes Winner's List, P.O. Box 3000, Dept. 688-7068, Young America, MN 55558-3000, for receipt by November 17, 2014.
© 2014 A-B, Bud Light® Beer, St. Louis, MO
Twitter is not a sponsor of or otherwise affiliated with this Sweepstakes.